We normally rehearse Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m., usually at Lakeside Presbyterian Church at 201 Eucalyptus Avenue at 19th Avenue (near Stonestown).
Additional rehearsals and sectional rehearsals for individual voice parts are sometimes scheduled at other times including on Saturday mornings. As concert dates approach, we usually have additional rehearsals with soloists and other performers at the venue.
Get the latest complete rehearsal schedule.
Please come early enough to sign in, take care of business matters, and be in your seat and ready to sing by the scheduled start time.
Attendance Sheets, Chorus Notes, Sign-up Sheets, concert publicity and other information of interest to chorus members can all be found during rehearsal on the tables outside our rehearsal space.
- Attendance Sheets — Sign in each week under your voice part by initialing the box by your name.
- Email is the best way to communicate with the chorus board and staff. Sign up for our group list, and check the address list for the right place to direct any specific questions, suggestions or concerns.
- Sign-up Sheets — There may be sign-up sheets for anything from carpooling to buying practice tapes. Check the sign-up sheets each week to see which ones interest you.
- Absences — Attendance is expected at all rehearsals, except in case of illness or unavoidable conflict. After three absences, you will have to demonstrate your knowledge of the music to your section leader in order to sing in the concert.
- Performance Week Absences – Attendance is required at all dress rehearsals and performances. If you must be absent from a dress rehearsal or performance due to unavoidable conflict or emergency, you may apply to the artistic director for a waiver to participate in the other dress rehearsals/performances, which will be granted on an exceptional, “once in a lifetime” basis. If you must be absent from all performances, you may not participate in the dress rehearsals.
- If you quit the chorus or take a leave of absence, please let your section leader or the executive director know. Find the right email-address here.
- If you miss a performance series, you may need to re-audition.
- If you miss the education classes, you may need to re-audition.
After every rehearsal, detailed notes are emailed to every member of the SF Choral group email list. These notes convey crucial information to singers, including breath marks, intonation, pronunciation, and other music features that were the focus of the previous rehearsal, as well as sections to work on at home before the next rehearsal. Join the email list to ensure you receive these notes. If you have not joined or if you need to change the email address at which you are subscribed click here.
Conduct at Rehearsals
- Singer Comportment Policy – Click here
- Be in your seat promptly at 7:00 p.m. and at the designated time after the break!
- Sign the Attendance Sheet every week you attend, without fail.
- Check the table in the lobby for other materials of interest.
- Bring a pencil to all rehearsals.
- Wear your name tag. If you need a new name tag, give the executive director a note asking for a new name tag and giving your name.
- Write all choral instructions, e.g. breath marks, dynamics, measure numbers, etc. in your score.
- Keep the aisles clear of bags, coats, bicycles, and other stuff. Accidents have happened.
- No talking or whispering during rehearsals, unless absolutely necessary.
- Do not stamp or tap your feet on the floor. The artistic director will keep time to the music for everyone.
- Never wear any kind of scent to rehearsals or concerts! Many people are allergic to scented perfume, hairspray, deodorant, etc. The rest of us just don’t like it.
- Clean up after yourself. At the end of rehearsal, check your area to be sure you haven’t left water bottles, trash, or anything else you brought to rehearsal. If you bring it in, bring it out.